Independent Insights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burma or Myanmar ?

3 posters

Go down

Burma or Myanmar ? Empty Burma or Myanmar ?

Post  Admin Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:17 pm

Which name do you prefer ? and tell us why ?

Admin. confused

Admin
Admin

https://lynways.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Burma or Myanmar ? Empty Re: Burma or Myanmar ?

Post  Majestic Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:38 am

I prefer "Myanmar" not because of military's chosen name but because it was the original word or name and reflect the native authentic appeal BEFORE the Burmese military (slorc/spdc) even exist. lol!

Majestic

Back to top Go down

Post  Iconnic Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:04 pm

I support the people's choice of naming the country. To me "Burma" represents the democratic era for I only look at the brighter side (positive attitude) rather than a "colonial" name, given by the British. It depends how one looks at it individually. As for "Myanmar" it is Burmese language name, i.e. calling Burmese name written in English words. As usual looking from the positive point/attitude of view "Myanmar" suits me fine too if it is chosen by the people. clown

Iconnic

Back to top Go down

Post  NevereN Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Well well well. The name game pops up again. The world had known this nation with 2 names parallel. Some called it Burma and some called it Myanmar confusing many people. The only way to solved this parallel name problem is to make it legal in a rightful legal manner with credibility. Any name that is chosen by the majority of the people or acknowledge by both sides (spdc/nld) of that country will be the official name. Sounds fair? santa

NevereN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down